Monday, February 26, 2007

The Orchid Show At The New York Botanical Garden

Every year at this time the New York Botanical Garden has its Orchid show. The photos shown are from last years show. I wish I could show you more photos, the exhibit was absolutely breathtaking!! My husband Chris and I went last year for the first time and as he so rightly said...we couldn't take a bad picture. Every Orchid species was on display and in full bloom. The gift shop is also overflowing with lots of Orchids to buy as well.

We will be going to the show this year as well and I will post this years photos after we return. The Orchid show runs from Feb 24h - April 8th. You can visit http://www.nybg.org/ to learn more about this annual event. Enjoy!!



















6 comments:

Marilyn said...

These are beautiful pics, Ruth. Can't wait to see your pics from this year.

Ruth Welter said...

Ow Marilyn, this exhibit is just truly breathtaking. I cannot even imagine, since it is so large, how long it takes to set up and the care involved, that must be another big undertaking.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Stunning photos! You are a fellow watercolor artist! My most favorite subject to paint is flowers! I can tell you are totally inspired by nature, as it is reflected in your photography and your artwork!

Ruth Welter said...

Thanks Louise...your work is also beautiful...flowers really are the best aren't they??

Marilyn said...

Ruth, the same day that you were discussing the orchid show on G&G, Martha Stewart had the curator of the show on her program. I only got in on the tail end of it, but I believe he said they would have 80,000 people visit.

Ruth Welter said...

Well simply put Marilyn, it is the most beautiful event I have ever attended at the Botanical Garden. It is just no wonder, that they get so many people to come visit the Orchid show. Even if you are not into Orchids...I think it is hands down, the prettiest thing you will see all year there.