Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beautiful Spring Inspirations......

I know last time I showed photos of the spring bulb show at the NY Botanical Garden, I focused on Violas and Tulips. This time I thought I would share all the beautiful garden vignettes they had set up.....so many beautiful flowers, arranged for the most picture perfect photos. (for a more up close look at the displays, click on the photos to enlarge them).








I hope you've enjoyed all the Hydrangeas, Delphiniums, Foxglove, Daisies, Dogwood and Allium just to name a few.
I've got some new pieces completed and ready to get photographed in my studio, I'll be showing those soon. In the mean time, enjoy the beauty that is blooming up everywhere around you.

10 comments:

NeereAnDear said...

Oh Ruth... so stunning.... I would live amongst the flowers if I could ....

your photos are fabulous!!

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Ruth
Oh my!! I can see loads of inspiration in your photos - looking forward to seeing your new creations.

Your post was a welcome sight for my Cold Winter eyes

Catherine Holman said...

Hi Ruth,
It's hard to believe there could be so much beauty in one place!
Hugs,
Cathie

Donna said...

Oh, lovely, lovely! My favorites are the daisies and foxglove.

Hugs,
Donna

Suzanne said...

I never tire of looking at gorgeous flowers...and your photos capture them beautifully! This year I'd like to plant a hydrangea or two in our front yard.

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my goodness ruth!
your photographs are amazing!
what a wonderful way to start my day!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Ruth,

Gracious - your photos are stunning. What a beautiful place to vist for inspiraiton . . so many different flowers to choose from. The Foxgloves are so big they do not look real. . . and the colors . . .can't wait to see what you paint next.
Have a lovely week.
Blessings,
Erin

Unknown said...

Ruth, if you knew how much I love visiting your blog. All my favorite flowers, all my favorite colors. You are such an inspiration to me.
sending many hugs...

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

The flower photos you've shared are beautiful... no wonder your paintings are so detailed.
I noticed you had asked a question about basil on Suzanne's blog and I'm sure she has answered to perfection. I would only add that basil comes in a great number of varieties each with it's own wonderful flavour and fragrance.If you pinch the younger leaves as they grow up the stalk they are great for fresh cooking as in pasta sauce etc. If you wait and pick the larger leaves you may dry them and then crush them for homegrown basil all year round.
Susan

Anonymous said...

These photos are just Heaven to me. I so wish I could have been there.