Friday, March 12, 2010

"Garden Visitor" - A Contemporary Bluebird Garden-Scape

I just completed "Garden Visitor" a contemporary bluebird garden-scape. This was the painting I had to dust off and just finish already..... It was inspired by my own collection of garden Iris.


Painted on 3, 1 1/2" deep gallery canvases, this piece measures 6" x 8" for each individual canvas and a total of 18" h x 8" w. Available at my ETSY shop: www.artfulcreations.etsy.com The next piece I'm in the middle of painting right now is called "Stargazing", it is a very large canvas, with a night time scene......the rest I'm afraid, will have to be a bit of a surprise until it is fully completed.

8 comments:

Donna said...

I love how you do a 3 canvas painting, Ruth. This is wonderful! The Stargazing painting sound good too...can't wait to see it!

Hugs,
Donna

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Ruth,
ah, great work, always feels good to complete something.
Well done,
Hugs,
Anna

NeereAnDear said...

Love it Ruth!! You seem to have found a niche in the contemporary paintings... I love your ideas and cant wait to see this new one... stargazing sounds well heavenly!!

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Suzanne said...

Beautiful work, Ruth! It does feel good to finish a painting...glad you were able to complete this one, it is great!
Looking forward to seeing "Stargazing"!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is beautiful Ruth!

Unknown said...

Very transporting, Ruth! The colors are so refreshing!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Stop by my blog to enter my Harney and Son's "Irish Breakfast Tea" Giveaway. Just post a comment.

Best Blessings, KJ

Linda O'Neill said...

Ooooh...I love the way you did the flower in white. VERY nice, Ruth!

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Ruth

Loving this set!
The colours are just perfect, how lucky you are to be welcoming in your Summer.

Will look forward to your next creation

Gail xo