Saturday, January 22, 2011

"In The Treetop" Acrylic Triptych On Gallery Canvas

I finished my newest triptych this week - "In The Treetop". I decided to have a lot of fun with this one and work with 3 different sized canvases.
The first gallery canvas is 8" x 8"......
The second is 8" x 6" and.............
The third is 4" x 6", coming together for a grand total of 12" h x 23" w. This piece is fun, sparkly and quite contemporary. I think I will be creating paintings with different sized canvases a lot more in the future, I like to look and feel of the different sizes together. I'm currently trying to finish a new painting, a diptych (2 canvases) called "Kaleidoscope Dragonflies" . The dragonfly part you have probably figured out but I bet you are wondering about the kaleidoscope part, you'll just have to wait and see. I've been working on all these paintings for a very special reason and hopefully, in the next few weeks, I'll be talking about the meaning behind it all.
This piece is soon to be available at my ETSY shop: www.artfulcreations.etsy.com

10 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth,
WOW your recent creation is incredible. I love the different sizes. It gives such interest to the whole piece.
I can only imagine your dragonfly creation. Your talents continue to be amazing!!

Hope you are staying warm. It is very cold here too. Not as cold as your area, but cold for us.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Hugs from Texas,
Celestina Marie

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Ruth

I love this set, I also love the different sizes.
I'm looking forward to finding out the reason you painted these ones.

Gail

Yes to the comment you left on my blog, our poor old house has lots of money needed to be spent on it, the land value is quite high, which means it wouldn't be worth spending money on the house, new Town Houses will be probably built once we sell.

NeereAnDear said...

Ruth this is amazing!! the more you do ... the better you get... you seem to have found quite a niche with the contemporay style ... the colors are beautiful... I can see this in someones bedroom or living room ... black furniture .. touches of the colors in the painting... cant wait to find out the meaning behind your next one and cant wait to see the painting ...

LOADS OF HUGS
JO

Archie and Melissa said...

oh ruth!
i just love the colors and flow of this piece!
magical!
xoxox
m & e

Catherine Holman said...

Really beautiful Ruth! I love the three different sizes of canvas that flow together.
Hugs,
Cathie

roseroomnz.com said...

beautiful! Rachaelxo

Donna said...

Very beautiful, Ruth! I like the different sized canvases.

Hugs,
Donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is very beautiful...and the color is a favorite of mine! Very soothing art pieces for a special room! ♥

julie cavender said...

This is lovely. I love the contrasts of blue and black.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful and creative.