Monday, May 23, 2011

Dynamic Duos Show At Celebrations Gallery

Friday evening Chris and I jouneyed up to CT to attend the opening reception of the Dynamic Duos event at Celebrations Gallery. Each piece featured in the show was a collaboration between 2 artists coming together to create one unique original work.



These two beautiful floor cloths were front and center when you entered the shows main exhibit space.






Everywhere we turned we could see the color, creativity and diversity of each piece of art on display.









Shown on the top shelf is the necklace that Anna Mancini and I worked on together.



The biggest thrill at this show however was getting to meet one of my first customers since I joined Celebrations Gallery. Mary and her husband Bud were at the show and we had a wonderful time taking lots of photos together. It was so great to meet Mary and Bud and get to spend an hour or so talking with them. It was also very kind of her to bring along photos from her home to share with me how she has displayed my artwork. Mary and I are shown above, seated in front of one of my paintings.



Mary was kind enough to take a photo of Chris and I in front of one of my Monarch butterfly quadtychs.





We did arrive at the show a bit early so it gave me some time to run around the gallery with my camera and take photos of my own work on display. This is the first time I had gotten to see my work shown throughout the gallery so, it was a tremendous amount of fun for me.






They have such a colorful, happy and eclectic mix of artwork at Celebrations and it was lovely to see how all the different pieces were mixed and matched together.






Really a very perfect and fun evening. The artwork, conversation and the food was simply a pleasure to see.

11 comments:

Frannie said...

Sounded like a fun evening. I adore the 5th photo. Can you tell me more about that one?
It's lovely.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful art.

My Inspired Reality said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful evening with us...loved looking at all that gorgeous artwork:):)

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Frannie,

The photo you inquired about was a handmade decoupaged & painted mannequin. This piece was created by Janet Davies & Trudy Hylant.

Janet's jewelry work is available through Celebrations:

http://www.celebrationsshoppes.com and I noticed that Trudy has an ETSY site. Just type in her name in the search box and you can see more of her mannequin work.

Ruth

Frannie said...

thanks Ruth!

Catherine Holman said...

What a beautiful gallery and your lovely artwork fits right in. Hope you had a great showing!
Hugs,
Cathie

Sheryl Hastings said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. What beautiful pieces of art! I could look at that stuff all day!

Enjoyed your blog, I'm now a follower!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Ruth,

What a beautiful gallery to display your art. Your paintings look wonderful and your joint project jewlery is lovely.
How fun to meet one of your customers.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Erin

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's nice to see photos of YOU! And the show was spectacular! So much to see! I love that glass lady's head! WOW! Gorgeous! ♥

Donna said...

Your artwork looks beautiful in the gallery, Ruth! What a great art display ~ lots of wonderful color and interesting things. And how nice of you to meet one of your customers. Sounds like it was a great event!

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

Ruth the light and space is so perfect for your work there! I love the Monarch piece- okay that's my new fav of yours- and how did I not know you do beading?