Saturday, August 04, 2012

Flowers From The NY Botanical Garden


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that the NY Botanical Garden is one of our favorite places to visit.  We go for all their special events and just throughout the year, whenever we can.



On a recent trip, I took lots of photos of their beautiful outdoor lily pond. 


There is a quiet beauty to this water garden that I never tire of and of course, beautiful photos can be taken at every imaginable spot at this pond.


I never know which visit to the garden or which set of photos will inspire a new future painting.


If you are an artist today, photos are one of the great sources of inspiration available to you.   I love my volumes of photos taken through the years because no matter what the season, I can turn to them for creative inspiration at any time. 


Taking lots of photos throughout the year enables me to always have a garden full of blooms to draw from, even in mid-winter.


Enjoy each and every new bloom in your own garden, making sure to take lots of photographs you can enjoy all year long.

4 comments:

Michelle/www.healthiersteps.com said...

Ruth, love these photos. I would love to go to NY Botanical garden some day.

Michelle
Healthiersteps

Miss Val's Creations said...

These flowers are all so beautiful Ruth. A visit to a botanical gardens is always a favorite thing for me to do. It is amazing how much nature inspires us. I love having a blog as a place to document my flowers and plants each year.

ArtSings1946 said...

Oh, this brings back such good memories. Thanks so much for sharing ... a beautiful post from a beautiful gal.

Happiness always

Anonymous said...

Of course, photos are very useful and inspiring but still I prefer to make a sketch, noting the colors and shapes.
Later, I will use my sketch and my memory to create something. I found that using my memory is the best thing to do.
Of course, every artist has his/her favorite source of inspiration.

The water lilies are beautiful. They make me think of Monet's nympheas :o)