Saturday, January 12, 2013

A New Year Means......Reviewing Past Works


Happy New Year to everyone.  I know, I know, usually a new year means new everything, resolutions, ideas, artwork, etc etc and that of course is all still true however, sometimes it really behooves us to review and revamp older work as well.  After all I'm learning once a piece of artwork finds a new home, what's left is the image and that is of course, still the property of the artist (in this case me) so why not put that image to good use.   Waste not want not....right?



 
This ceiling tin for instance is something I painted years ago.  It has long since gone to a new home, (it lives in Korea now) so all I'm left with is the image.  This is my favorite rose painting that I've ever created though so I would like to use it for other purposes.
 

Chris reworked some things on it today and made it high resolution and framed it nicely for me , blocking out the majority of the tin and focusing almost entirely on the roses instead.  I'm thinking this design could work on cards as well as tile trivets.  The uses might actually be endless, more than I can think of right at this moment anyway.  It might actually be a good idea each week or two, to go through artwork that has long since flown the coop, that you might have even forgotten about and rework it for a different purpose. 

12 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Happy New Year Ruth! Your roses are lovely and so nice to be able to re-use your image for other ideas! Rachael xo

Catherine Holman said...

Beautiful! I've done this with old artwork too Ruth.

Duni said...

Gorgeous roses! Love the shabby chicness of the frame :)
have a wonderful Sunday, Ruth!

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

So beautiful & especially with the vintage looking frame! I'm stopping by from Blogging Buddies.
Thanks
Angie
godsgrowinggarden.com

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth, Happy New Year to you as well. You have to know I simply love your roses. Using them in a different way to live on is always so much fun. Recreating with the work already created. I was just going over pics of past works and also turning them into cards, recipe cards, bookmarkers etc. I am also going to try waterslides of my roses and see how that goes for customers wanting to accent furniture pieces. We are in the experimenting stage right now and working out the kinks. It's all fun though.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. I feel really inspired this new year and looking forward to many creative days ahead. I wish for you the very same my talented friend.
How's the move going?
Sending hugs your way, Celestina Marie

Memories for Life said...

It's a great time to look back on old projects and see how you can make them new again.
These would be great as art prints, digital clip art or greeting cards. And you could look into places like Zazzle that offer many uses for art work.

Trina Prenzi said...

Beautiful! Really love that frame too. :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Hi Ruth,
These roses are gorgeous. The artwork would look amazing on endless things!!! I am so glad you discovered the fun of Pinterest. It can be really addictive for those of us who are visual! I swear my jewery sales increased after utilizing it as a marketing tool!
Have a wonderful, creative week!
Val

Donna said...

Great idea...in fact that's what I do!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Ruth... and thank you so much for visiting me... your roses are just stunning!... I so wish I could paint like you do... xoxo Julie Marie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth, Hope you are enjoying a great week. You are probably really busy with move stuff and I hope you are able to do some creating too. Love seeing your roses again. Just lovely. We are warming up here today and now it feels more like Texas again. LOL
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

I wish you a happy, healthy, creative new year !