Saturday, May 04, 2013

NY Botanical Garden Orchid Show - Pt 1


A few weeks ago Chris and I went to the annual orchid show at the NY Botanical Garden.  There was not a theme to the show this year, just beautiful orchids everywhere we looked and funny enough, this was my favorite show in years.


There are too many photos to share in one post so I will spread out the eye candy over a couple of weeks.

 


We even had some fun with the new digital camera with some of it's interesting features.






The displays were just stunning this year and words are not really needed to take the tour.  This event is always a visual treat for the eyes and a perfect afternoon spent celebrating spring.  ENJOY!!!








2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

These orchids are amazing Ruth! They definitely do not need a theme with such beautiful subjects! I wish there was a botanical garden near me like you guys have. Whenever I travel somewhere, I always seek out the local botanical gardens if there is one. I always feel relaxed and renewed after a visit!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth, Looks like it was an amazing show this year. Such gorgeous color and such a celebration of spring. I love the effects from your new camera. I bet you are having fun with it.
Lovely post. So nice to take a little break from all you have to do with the move.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie