Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sun Drenched Irises......


"Sun Drenched Irises" is the latest piece to roll out of my studio this week.  I really love bearded irises and wanted to create another painting of sunny colored flowers this time around.  I decided on the very pretty yellow / orange shade and got to work on my canvas.  This one measures 16" h x 8" w and is 1 1/2" d.


The blooms and leaves are once again done in stucco so you can see and feel the texture, which I'm really liking these days. 


The rest of the week was spent doing a bit of work around the house , still purging junk but at this point, we are almost finished with that end of it, which is a really good feeling.  Also trying to get out there and enjoy some spring weather too, nothing like a good walk to clear the cob webs.

4 comments:

ArtSings1946 said...

Gorgeous art Ruth, as usual. Just wanted to check in to let you know we are having the hottest April ever ... it's been in the high 80's, which I know sounds good to you but, as you know, not for me. But, I have to say, it's still not the hot hot hot summers that we've been having these past six years so I'm grateful for that.

Love and Light,
Jan

Catherine Holman said...

Great colors Ruth!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is so beautiful Ruth! I love the colors and texture. It certainly has me craving for my irises. That is probably a few weeks away! I actually got outside today to do some yard cleanup. It felt good to take in the fresh air.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth,
Your Iris is the prettiest ever. I love the color. Yesterday I painted hydrangeas inspired by my soon to bloom hydrangea garden.
Looks like you are staying busy as you organzie for the big move.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
Have a great week my friend.
Hugs, CM