Saturday, August 26, 2006

Peony Bouquet In The Process



I feel now, with the progress I've made over the last couple of days, that my Peonies painting is really rounding the bend to being finished soon. The white Peony and the Cranberry Peony are now finished. I decided which areas on those two flowers, needed more shading and highlighting and added it where necessary. Because the Peonies are the main interest of the painting, I've outlined certain petals and curves that I want to accentuate. The top, white flower, has been highlighted with pink outlines, while the cranberry flower has been outlined with a burnt umber/sienna mix.

The 3rd of the Peonies, whose head is toppling over, has been filled in and you can see that I've started to shade and highlight it. Out of the 3 main flowers shown, I've decided this one will be the medium toned flower. I should be done with it soon, just a few tweaks here and there. I've also done the bottom leaves that you see falling from the arrangement.

No comments: