Thursday, November 16, 2006

Daisy Pitcher & Iced Tea Glasses Set





Well, the weather it would seem is conspiring against me. I've been wanting to take photos of my new watercolor background I created and also, a custom sign I just finished and so far, all I've had, has been dark, dank and sunless days. So, I'll have to put that photo project off until the next sunny day, which I hope will really be soon.

In the meantime, I'm showing a few pieces I painted a couple of months ago for a customer of mine. I've been selling hand painted glassware for years but this particular customer wanted a glass and pitcher set. I was able to locate a source for the pitchers and have added the set options to my website as well as my ETSY site.

Glassware is actually a lot of fun to paint, it requires hardly any prep time - I literally just wash the pieces with soap and water and then give them a little rub with alcohol. Finishing is a breeze because unlike something like mailboxes, that my husband has to spray a protective sealant on, these I just bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 45 minutes and the non toxic acrylic paint is bonded right to the glass.

I have set designs that I work from or, customers can ask me to create something special for them, that they don't see on my website. Most of the time, I will enjoy taking on a new job, although, I did turn down the opportunity to paint Sponge Bob on glassware many months ago. That just didn't seem right to me. I didn't think that motif would fit into what I would like to consider my glass work being called, elegant. The glasses can also be tossed right into the dishwasher and there isn't a problem. It was nice to paint a couple of these sets....I hope to do more in the future.

No comments: