Tuesday, May 01, 2007

More Miniatures

I've been busy working on my miniatures and I am loving creating them. I just sold the above Little Spring Bluebird in my ETSY shop over the weekend. I was quite excited to have my first eggshell pin sale.

Crazier yet let me tell you, is trying to paint a scene on something this small. It was very challenging but fun. The above is Seaside Garden. I took the name from a watercolor that I did. Actually, the above and my Summer Sailing (sailboat) below are taken from that one watercolor painting. I couldn't seem to fit both the garden and the sailboat on the same eggshell though so I decided to make two seperate pins from the one painting.

I was part of the way through Summer Sailing and I thought I had messed it up and would have to trash the eggshell and start all over again. Luckily I didn't have to and was able to save it.

I'm kind of going through a bird and bug phase I guess so I decided to do a Bumblebee to add to the collection. I'll keep painting more in my spare time and see what I can come up with next.

2 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Congratulations on your sale! Those are very sweet pieces. I really love that little bluebird! And the oceanside flowers are beautiful!

Anita said...

Your are very talented! I wonder how people manage it to draw such little pictures. You must have a very very calm hand and good eyes!

Best wishes from Germany and have a wonderful week-end!
Anita

P.S.: Thanks for your mail. I'll drop you a line as soon as the other balls are ready and posted on my blog!