I started out by sketching this rose one morning, again while sitting in my living room , having my caffeine fix for the moment.
I ended up painting the background a soft blue/white combination. I then decided I needed something more in the sketch besides the rose and leaves. I drew 2 buds as well as some thorny branches peeking out from under the rose. I felt this was just what I needed.
I also thought the edges of the tin needed a little something as well. I decided to make a frame of sorts for my rose. I painted the outside square a blue and white, the same as the background, the inside square is a soft lilac. When I was finished with this, I distressed each square a little by using a dry brush technique.
I was a bit too lazy this time to take "in progress" photos of my rose, I decided instead to just wait till it was totally finished before my camera was brought out. I really haven't had this much fun in a long time, being able to chart my own coarse and paint what I've wanted to create, has been so wonderful. The finished tin measure 12" x 12" and is available on me etsy shop at: http://www.artfulcreations.etsy.com/