Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Celebrations Gallery - Small Works, Artful Treasures Show

Well as promised, I did not forget my camera last Sat, November 6th when I attended the opening reception of the Small Works, Artful Treasures show at Celebrations Gallery in Pomfret CT.

The small works show took place in the grand foyer of this beautiful 1880's Queen Anne victorian, which is the home of Celebrations Gallery.

This show focuses on smaller works of art that are under $200 and the show runs from November 6th - January 7th.

Everywhere I turned on Sat I saw beautiful artwork, adorning the walls and display cases. The table to the right was full of baked goodies to eat and Celebrations was also serving hot tea and apple cider for the occasion as well.

The artwork is beautifully displayed all throughout the gallery, hanging on the walls and resting on the furniture. My vintage ceiling tin is on the left.

Of course, there is also a whole upstairs filled with more wonderful artwork. Just because the show was downstairs didn't mean I wasn't going to venture upstairs with my camera.

This fabulous chair by artist Wolfgang Schweizer was upstairs.........

As was this gorgeous bench by woodburning artist Merideth Berthiaume.

I think that my favorite piece at the gallery right now though is this gorgeous chair that is downstairs and displayed for everyone to see as they walk in the door. This incredible piece of work was painted by artist David Stumpo.

My favorite part of the chair has to be the cardinal on the seat. I got a chance to meet David and talk with him and his wife while I was at the show. A wonderful artist, so talented and humble.
I really had a wonderful 2 hours that I spent at Celebrations, viewing all the work, including my own and getting to talk with some of the other artists there.

11 comments:

Donna said...

How wonderful for you to be able to show your beautiful art at this lovely gallery, Ruth. So many gorgeous things!

Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gallery, you must be so thrilled to be part of such a wonderful place.
Karen

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth, Your vintage tile is gorgeous. Congrats on being apart of this event to showcase these wonderful works. You so deserve to be there.
I love the chair too. Simply so unique. I have always painted chairs when I was in the brick and mortar shoppe. These are an inspiration to do one again.
Love the cardinal. How great that you got to visit and talk with the other artists.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

NeereAnDear said...

Oh Ruth... I am so proud of you! What a beautiful gallery ... lovely pieces of work and yours fits right in and then some... You have come a long way baby!! so well deserved and more...

Your pieces are so beautiful and I know you will have much success ... keep on keeping on ... my friend...

Loving the chairs... they are wonderful...

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Beadin By The Sea said...

How wonderful to be included among such creativity! Congratulations Ruth! And, those chairs looks almost too beautiful to sit on!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Ruth,

Oh - what a beautiful gallery. You must be very happy to show your wonderful art in such a charming space. I recognize your art on the walls and love the way it is displayed. Thank you for sharing your photographs.
Best wishes and congratulations.
Erin

Charm and Grace said...

I picked out your ceiling tin... so beautiful amongst all teh other artwork. I enjoyed your pictures very much, Ruth!

Blessings,
Christi

Marilyn said...

This must have been so much fun, Ruth and how great to be included! Great pics! I also love the chairs.

Gail McCormack said...

Congratulations Ruth for having the opportunity to show your Wonderful artwork in such a Gorgeous, Professional Gallery

I'm sure you'll do well!!!

Keep them coming!

Gail xx

Mary said...

Congratulations on your showing at the gallery! That's so fun and your tin is lovely! Hope you all do well there and sell sell sell!!

Catherine Holman said...

What a beautiful gallery! What a great opportunity for such a talented artist. Congrats!
Hugs,
Cathie