Monday, October 09, 2006

A Completed Watercolor Sky




Ok, my sky is finished, as are the mountains in the background. I ended up tweaking the sky quite a bit to get it just the way I wanted it. Sometimes these things take forever, I just keep playing around with it until it looks and feels the way I want it to. I wish the metallic pearl paint that I used in different places in the sky, really showed up on these photos. It looks very sparkly in person.

I've also basecoated the water as well as the land mass off to the right. You can see with the mountains done in the background and the water and land based in, it makes the sky "make sense". Suddenly the sky doesn't look like it is floating on nothing, it sort of grounds it. Kind of like saying "ok, I get it now"....I"m starting to see a glimmer of what my painting will look like as I continue.

There is a lot of work to be done yet on the water and scrap of land, what you're seeing now is only the basecoat, only the beginning of what I have to do. My next step is to finish the water, the land and not forget the put the reflection of the mountains into the water. I'm at the point now where I'm starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere with it. I feel like I just jumped over a mental hurdle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow~ this is going to be gorgeous!

Ruth Welter said...

Thanks Sharon....thanks for taking the time to look.